- How does SHE Period period underwear work?
- SHE Period menstrual underwear are reusable, sustainable and intended for you to wear during your period to take the place of disposable protection products like tampons or pads — you can use on lighter and heavy days flow.
- Constructed to look and feel like regular underwear (i.e. not bulky), our menstrual underwear are made with extra layers and special fabrics in the crotch area to absorb menstrual blood. Wash them, re-wear them, and wash them again — these are a reusable option all cycle long!
- SHE Period Menstrual underwear falls into two categories— it can be used primarily as leakproof menstrual protection and also as a backup to SHE Period menstrual disc/other menstrual cup.
- We did extensive research to understand which sustainable fabrics would work well together to provide dryness, absorption and at the same time, be leakproof. Our undies have 3 layers of fabric: the first layer has a protection mesh that fights odor and keeps you dry, the second layer is absorbent and anti-microbial, and the third layer keeps the underwear leak-resistant.
- What is the capacity of underwear?
- Light to Moderate flow: 27ml (5 - 6 daytime pads)
- Heavy flow : 35ml (7 daytime pads)
- Do I have to wear pads or tampons while wearing underwear?
Not at all! SHE Period underwear is designed to replace pads/tampons for a more comfortable and sustainable period for all flows. If you have an extra heavy period or wish to feel more secure, you can use it as a backup with SHE Period menstrual disc/other menstrual cup as well.
- Is wearing SHE Period underwear hygienic and safe to wear?
Absolutely! The underwear is 100% hygienic, reusable and easy to wash. Besides, our Fabrics have the certificate STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® and it is one of the world's best-known labels for textiles tested for harmful substances.
- What is the material of SHE Period underwear?
- In creating all of our products, we always have sustainability top of mind.
- Our fabrics were carefully chosen to be as sustainable as possible. We chose to work with bamboo because its fibers have elasticity, it is environment-friendly, biodegradable, antibacterial and has hypoallergenic properties. Bamboo is also a very sustainable resource: it is fast-growing, requires no fertilizer and self-regenerates from its roots (no replantation required!).
- For our synthetic fabric, we choose to work with recycled polyester. This durable, versatile fabric is made from plastic bottles that would have, otherwise, ended up in our landfills. Creating recycled polyester is less polluting as it generates 79% lesser carbon emissions than producing its virgin counterpart.
- Our Fabrics have the certificate STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® is one of the world's best-known labels for textiles tested for harmful substances.
- We are the first menstrual brand to be PETA approved for cruelty free products.
- I have sensitive skin — will SHE Period Underwear irritate me?
- SHE Period underwear is mainly made up of bamboo fabric, which has hypoallergenic properties, is environment-friendly, biodegradable, and antibacterial.
- SHE Period underwear is made of 95% bamboo fiber, and 5% spandex.
- Is it vegan/PETA approved?
- Yes! SHE Period has the "PETA-Approved Vegan" certification that highlights clothing made of vegan alternatives to animal-derived materials. Our company believes in being cruelty-free and sustainable..
- How long can I wear period underwear to prevent leaks?
- We recommend wearing SHE Period menstrual underwear between 6 to 8 hours depending on your flow.
- Can I wear a pad with the underwear?
- We advise against using a pad or liner since these products will cover the gusset and prevent the period underwear from doing its job!
- Can I wear the underwear to sleep?
For sure! If you have a heavy flow, SHE Period heavy flow underwear holds up to 35ml (7 daytime pads), which promises a leak-free experience and a worry-free night of sleep! Feel free to move around or sleep on your side while lying on your bed as the period underwear stays in place due to the panty-like fit.
- Can I wear SHE Period period underwear as a swimsuit?
- We don’t recommend wearing these undies as a swimsuit.
- How do I know if my underwear is getting full?
- If the side seam of the gusset feels wet or when you start to notice blood at the seams,it means the underwear is getting full!
- How many pairs do I need?
We recommend starting with 3-5 pairs, so you’re covered for your entire period without having to worry about laundry and running out of period undies. Check out our saver sets here.
- How do I care properly for SHE Period menstrual underwear?
- How to care for SHE Period Menstrual underwear:
Step 1: Soak
- After you remove your period panties, drop them in cold water to soak or rinse them.
Step 2: Wash
- If machine washing, first place them in a washable mesh bag and wash on the delicate or gentle cycle. To make your underwear last, consider hand-washing with a mild detergent.
Step 3: Dry
- Do not put it in the dryer. Instead, lay underwear flat or hang dry to help maintain the fabric's integrity.
- We recommend you don't use softener as it’s not good for the menstrual underwear's performance. Worried about lingering smells? SHE Period Menstrual Underwear shouldn’t retain a scent if cared for properly, but you can soak them in a vinegar/water mixture prior to laundering too, if you wish.
- Won’t the blood get all over my other clothes if I put them in the washing machine?
- Don’t worry, this is fine! Your other clothes will be fine as the washing machine will dilute the blood almost immediately, and your other clothes will not stain if you're washing cold.
- How many times can SHE Period underwear be used and washed?
- If cared for properly, SHE Period underwear should last for at least 2 years and more.
- Will my SHE Period underwear smell?
- No, if cared for correctly, your SHE Period underwear should not smell.
- Gentle reminder: do not leave your underwear soaking for more than a few hours or store them when the undies are not yet fully dried, otherwise your underwear can end up smelling musty and damp.